You are entitled to receive employer-paid super if you:
- are age 18 years or older;
- earn more than $450 in a calendar month; and
- work more than 30 hours per week.
Your entitlement to super applies if you are employed full time, part-time or as a casual. This money will be paid to your chosen super fund or, if you have no made an election, to your employer's default fund.
Want to know more?
- What are employer vs other kinds of super contributions?
- Default vs Choice superannuation funds
- Why is super so important?
General advice disclaimer
This is general information only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You should assess whether the information is appropriate for you having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs and consider obtaining independent professional advice before making an investment decision. If information relates to a specific financial product you should obtain a copy of the product disclosure statement for that product and consider that statement before make a decision whether to acquire the product.