HomeBuilder provides eligible homeowners (owner-occupiers, including first home buyers) with a grant of $25,000 to build a new home or renovate an existing home.
To be eligible;
- Your building contract must be signed between 4 June and 31 March 2021
- Construction must commence within three months of the contract date
- Owner builders are ineligible for HomeBuilder
- Investment properties are ineligible for HomeBuilder
- You cannot use HomeBuilder for additions such as swimming pools, sheds and garages
- You must be an Australian citizen, over 18 years of age
- If you are an individual applicant your 2018-19 taxable income was no more than $125,000
- If you are a couple your combined 2018-19 taxable income was no more than $200,000
- Your new home value does not exceed $750,000, or
- Your renovation contract is between $150,000 and $750,000 and the value of your existing home (pre-renovation) does not exceed $1,500,000.
How to apply
You apply for HomeBuilder through the State or Territory government that you live in, or plan to live in.
ACT - apply through the ACT Revenue Office
NSW - apply through Revenue NSW
NT - apply through Northern Territory Revenue Office
QLD - apply through Queensland Office of State Revenue (OSR)
SA - apply through South Australia Revenue Office
TAS - apply through The State Revenue Office of Tasmania
VIC - apply through State Revenue Office of Victoria
WA - apply through Revenue WA.
General advice warning
Rollit Wealth provides general information only. You should assess whether the information is appropriate for you having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs and consider obtaining independent professional advice before making an investment decision. If information relates to a specific financial product you should obtain a copy of the PDS for that product and consider that statement before making a decision whether to acquire the product. Roll-it Super Pty Ltd. ACN 611 756 140. AFSL Authorised Representative No. 1273703 of MSC Advisory Pty Ltd. ACN 607 459 441. AFSL 480649 (MSCA).